What is a GMB?
GMB stands for Google My Business, and is an online profile that helps users find businesses and information about them. GMB is a tool that is free to businesses and can be updated any time a business’ information changes.
Why is it Important for Businesses to Have a GMB?
GMB profiles help businesses get found on Google. They also act as a first impression for businesses. Making sure you have a GMB that is up to date, accurate, and filled out as much as possible is a huge help in getting found online!
8 Tips to Make the Most of a GMB Profile:
- Claim GMB Profiles – Business owners should be able to access their GMB and make updates/add content anytime they are needed.
- Keep all Information Current – If hours, phone numbers, or addresses change, the GMB profile should be updated as soon as possible!
- Complete the GMB Profile – Fill out as much information about the business as possible! This helps potential customers get more information about the business and can also help it show up higher in Google search results.
- Add Holiday Hours – Update these whether the business has special holiday hours or not. It keeps the profile active, which Google likes, and keeps information current for potential customers.
- Upload Photos or Videos – Images or video content are eye catching and a creative way to show off a business’ services or products. Additionally, adding photos of the location can make it easy for visitors to find a business location.
- Use the Post Feature – Post new content to keep visitors to the GMB page up to date with the business and their products or services.
- Respond to Reviews – GMB’s review section is a great place to learn more about a business. When business owners take the time to reply to reviews, whether positive or negative, it looks good in both the eyes of customers and Google.
- Take Advantage of Business Specific Features – GMB offers certain business types additional features on their GMB page. For example, restaurants can add a menu, reservation link, or confirm delivery or carryout options. A service based business like a plumber or roofer can showcase their service area they will travel to for jobs. Taking advantage of these additional features makes interacting with businesses easy and convenient for customers!
Our team has experience setting up and verifying GMB profiles for a wide variety of clients. Our GMB package is a 1 time fee for setup and from there clients will have full access to their page and be able to make updates and additions anytime! A Google My Business is a great and very important starting point for any new business or an existing one trying to improve their online presence. Contact us today with any Google My Business questions!